With the immense increase in social media use, live streaming has become a popular way for content creators to connect with their fans. Find out our picks for the best video cameras for any budget. The biggest reason is that it almost feels real. Thus, one of the most popular live-streaming among all social media platforms is currently YouTube Live, with Facebook coming up quickly. Other platforms, such as Twitch are also extremely popular among gamers.
However, the point is whichever platform you are using for your live-streaming; one must have your camera. Just like there is also a special category when you are looking for a camera for vlogging. Similarly, there are certain features your camera should have when you are looking for a camera for live streaming. Therefore, let’s have a look at some of the best camera options for live streaming, no matter what your budget level is.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Best Budget Video Cameras
If you are in the market for the best budget video camera, then read the pros and cons so you can easily choose from the best in each budget level. Let’s have a look at the categories for best video cameras for live streaming:
1: Under $20 (Micro-Budget)
This is the first category where we will introduce any camera for live streaming under $20. This option is feasible for those who have an extremely tight budget.
To be very honest, there is no such option when you are looking for the best video cameras for live streaming. There is not any noticeable option to mention. Unless and until a sale or a company is offering a discount, there is no single camera for live streaming under $20. The best choice at this point is to go with your smartphone.
Check out The Funnel Marketing Comprehensive Guide
1.1: Smartphone Camera:
As we have already mentioned above, you will not find any camera under $20. Therefore, if you really have a tight budget, just use your smartphone camera. This is a fantastic option that requires little or no additional investment, as you have already known. The only thing you can do to have a better result is to increase the range of accessories you will use. By adding accessories to your phone, you can easily set up a kit that can rival many higher-end cameras.
Moreover, there is also a saying that the best camera is the one you have with you. And for most of us, that is the smartphone camera that we can reach easily. It makes your smartphone camera the best budget camera for video. But if you have a small budget to work with we have a few great options for you to look at.
Best Video Camera for Live Streaming
2: $21-50 (Small Budget)
In this category, we will explain options for those people who have a small budget. These are simply the best cheap cameras for video. This budget level includes:
2.1: Logitech C270:
We had to include this as one of the best video cameras. This extremely budget-friendly small friend can allow you to either record or stream your videos online. Its microphone is present right next to the camera sensor, and therefore, it can catch your voice quite clearly. Remember, it cannot stand on the computer, and thus you need to install it on your laptop and make sure to place it high.
- Its price is $38.
- Offers full HD support
- Has 3-megapixel image resolution
- Built-in microphone
- It has a 1280×720 pixel resolution
- Basically, it is a webcam in nature.
- Has a good picture quality even in low light
- Comes with an MP3 camera
- Not has an attractive shape.
- Lacks night vision mode
2.2: Unzano Full HD Webcam:
When it comes to image quality, Unzano full webcam is one of the reliable products that come with a 7-element result. Not only it has a 100-degrees field of view, but it also has a better overall sharpness. Although it has a built-in microphone, you will still need a separate microphone for better quality. But this is a strong camera on our list of the best video cameras.
- Its price is $39.
- It has a 100-degrees field of view.
- Full HD image quality with 1080p video resolution
- Robust design for stability directly on the desktop
- Comes with a built-in microphone
- Generally suitable for desktops.
- A separate mic is needed for better sound quality.
2.3: Jelly Comb Webcam:
It is another great option for those people who have a low budget. It has a 360-degree view and, therefore, good to capture you from all angles, especially from a tight spot, which is not easy otherwise.
- Its price is $19.99.
- Record from all angle and directions
- Comes with a USB connectivity
- Versatile attachment design
- Full HD image
- Comes with a 360-degrees stability
- It is easily installed on a desktop.
- Comes with a small microphone
- Narrow field of view
For Whom This Budget is Beneficial?
This budget is beneficial for those who need a live stream camera for Twitch (gaming) or are a small content creator. While there are other options, we like the features for the money and consider these to be the best video cameras for the money.
Best Digital Video Cameras
3: $51-100 (Medium Budget)
In this section, we will explain options between $51 to 100. This section has great cameras for those who are just getting started. If you are looking for the best video cameras for beginners, look at this category. Some of the best cameras in this category include:
3.1: Microsoft Lifecam HD-3000:
Microsoft Lifecam HD 3000 is the best choice for people who are on a tight budget. This camera is proof that you can start your live streaming without having to shell out big bucks. Although it has a 720p resolution, it is still quite good when you watch from a smartphone. Moreover, it also has a digital zoom function. Besides, it is also a manual option to make sure images stay exactly as they are.
- Its price is $69.
- Comes with a 720p resolution
- Has a 30fps frame rate
- Offers a 60-degrees field view
- Built-in microphone
- Can easily attach to all types of a computer monitor
- Low price
- Simple plug and play functionality
- Provides a high definition streaming
- Offers automatics face tracking and low-light adjustment
- Has only 720p resolution
- Quite an old model
3.2: Logitech c920:
When it comes to living streaming cameras under $100, the Logitech c920 is arguably the best one in the market. The best thing is, even at this low price, you can start streaming at 1080p. Moreover, it is also very easy to use as a second video source with the Webcaster X2. Besides, it allows compatibility with Mac, Skype, and Google Hangouts. Without a doubt, the Logitech c920 is the best streaming camera for Twitch.
- Its price is $85.
- It can stream as well as record in 1080p resolution.
- Offers a 78-degrees of field view
- HD auto-focus
- Built-in stereo microphones
- Stylish soft blue recording lights
- Compatible with tripods
- Certain extra features make software less stable.
- The camera comes with less than 90’s degree of the swivel.
3.3: Razer Kiyo Streaming Webcam:
Razor Kiyo is another excellent choice for live streaming under $100. The most critical part of live streaming is brightness. Everyone wants their face bright and evenly lit during live streaming. Thus, Razer Kiyo is a solution to your problem as it comes with a built-in light ring made with 12 LEDs. Although it may look a little larger than other streaming cameras, it is still worth the investment, and it can neatly clip to the top of your PC.
- Its price is $99.
- Comes with Xsplit
- Superior low light performance can reduce the grainy appearance.
- Offers a 90-degrees field of view.
- You can adjust its brightness on a rotating bezel of a built-in light.
- Easy to use
- Has a compact and foldable design, thus easy to move
- Stream and record at either 1080p with 30fps or 720p with 60fps.
- Sometimes there is an issue with auto-focus
- There is no external audio support.
3.4: Logitech c922 Pro:
This versatile webcam is the best for overall live streaming and that too on a budget. Besides, it is the best option for anyone, either those who first enter into live streaming or those who want to upgrade from the webcam they already have. With its dual microphones, it can create stereo audio. As a result of which you don’t need to have a separate extra mic.
- Its price is $99.
- It has a recording resolution of 1080p.
- Full HD streaming
- Has a frame rate of 30fps at 1080p and 60fps at 720p
- Can easily fit to monitor or can attach to a tripod
- Comes with an option to remove the background
- There is no extra mic support.
- For some people, it might be expensive.
For Whom This Budget is Beneficial?
This budget limit is perfect for content creators like YouTubers who need a camera to do YouTube Live. If you want to have a few of the best video cameras, be sure to choose one from each budget, that way you can choose which to take mobile if needed.
HD Video Cameras
4: $101-275 (Large Budget)
Unlike previous categories, this category contains high-end cameras with a large budget. It is easy to see why these made it on our list of best video cameras. The list includes:
4.1: Microsoft LifeCam Studio:
Microsoft LifeCam Studio is a pro camera for pro-people. For many people, it is not an attractive camera for live streaming. However, it is not made to be attractive in the first place. It is made for business conferences and presentations with its 1080p recording and 720p resolution.
- Its price is $119.
- Comes with a color correction feature
- Has a hi-fi microphone
- Its resolution is 1080p
- Provides a wide field of view
- Has a wideband mic for better sound
- Most of the times, it is designed for corporate types
- You will need third-party help to use the 1080p feature for video recording.
4.2: GoPro Hero 7 Silver:
GoPro Hero is a big name in the action camera industry, and GoPro Hero7 is an excellent installment. This tiny and portable camera is a good choice for those who want to create content and do live streaming. Although there are new and better options available, however GoPro Hero7 is an excellent choice under $200. The camera moves around.
- Its price is $199.
- Has a 60fps frame rate
- Offers electronic image stabilization
- 4K video quality content
- Has a decent audio quality
- Non-removable battery
- A memory card is not included.
4.3: Canon Vixia HF R800:
If you are new to videography and is getting started with live streaming, then I must recommend you Canon Vixia HF R800 to those who can afford it. It comes with full advanced features and new technology. Moreover, it offers comparable features with other high-end cameras.
- Its price is $275.
- Provide clear images thanks to its image stabilization feature
- Has 3.28 Megapixel full HD CMOS image sensor
- Comes with a built-in video editor
- Easy to hold due to attach hand stripes
- Memory card compatibility
- Offers noise-free brighter images
- Has small sensors and therefore has an average picture quality
- Has a weak HDMI Mini connector and is therefore prone to breaking.
4.4: Logitech Brio Ultra HD Pro:
Without a doubt, Logitech Brio Ultra HD Pro is one of the best webcams for live streaming. Not only can it record in 4K, but it also offers a 5X digital zoom that can crop 4K images to 1080p. Due to its extra resolution, you can zoom into a 4K image without dropping a quality below 1080p, which is not possible otherwise.
- Its price is $220.
- Has an Ultra HD 4K resolution of either 720p or 1080p
- Comes with a frame rate of up to 30fps at 4K, 60fps at 1080p, and 90fps at 720p
- It has a 90-degrees field of view.
- Provide an Ultra HD video quality with HDR
- Two Omni-directional microphones
- Comes with a PC monitor clip
- Little expensive
- Some people might find it overkill.
For Whom This Budget is Beneficial?
Therefore, it includes high-end cameras, which are good for professional use, especially for professional people who still operate on limited budgets. Sometimes it is subjective which camera is one of the best video cameras for your specific needs.
Professional Video Cameras
5: $276-500 (Unlimited Budget)
This is the last category that includes professional cameras with an unlimited budget. Its main options are:
5.1: GoPro Hero9 Black:
Being one of the most noticeable names in the action camera industry, GoPro Hero9 Black is another excellent in the company’s lineup. Many people believe that is why they would invest in an action camera. However, you are actually investing in image quality and ease of use here. This is clearly on of the best video cameras for the money.
- Its price is $399.
- Its resolution is 5K Ultra HD with HDR with a streaming limit to 1080p.
- It offers a 120-degrees field of view.
- Compact and rigid design
- Offers a voice control feature
- Comes with a facing screen
- Expensive for those who want to use it for streaming only.
5.2: Mevo Start:
Mevo Start is built with a purpose as a live streaming camera. Therefore, it can allow its users to pan, tilt, and zoom during recording. It can save all recordings on a microSD card; therefore, you can also edit them later. Moreover, it also has three in-built microphone arrays. You can also stream to multiple channels at once with a paid subscription and add live graphics. This is clearly on e of the best video cameras for the money.
- Its price is $399.
- It has a frame rate of 30fps at 1080p.
- Offers an 84-degrees field of view
- Comes with a Wi-Fi connectivity
- Comes with a pan, tilt, and zoom option
- Due to its sturdy design, it is easy to carry
- Has a simple smartphone software
- For 4K, you will need Mevo Plus.
5.3: Canon Vixia HF G21:
When it comes to the camera industry, Canon needs no introduction, they have made many of the best video cameras. It’s Vixia HF G21 comes in the top tier for live streaming. Due to its sturdy design, Vixia HF G21 is easy to use for both beginners and professionals. It comes with a wide range of options like image aperture, exposure, ISO, brightness, and focus.
- Its price is more than $990.
- It streams in 100p60 resolution
- Comes with a 20x Optical and 400x Digital Zoom
- 3.0 in. touchscreen
- Comes with excellent stabilization
- Durable built
- Comes with a manual image stabilization
- Simultaneously record at both SD cards
- It doesn’t offer 4K
- It has weak HDMI connectors, and it seems they might break.
5.4: Canon EOS 80D:
Cannon again comes in strong with another of the best video cameras. This camera is just ‘wow’ when it comes to the best DSLR cameras for live streaming. Due to its powerful autofocus capabilities and high dynamic range, it is a popular choice among vloggers. You can use this camera almost everywhere. It offers a spectacular image quality thanks to its powerful 24.2 Megapixel CMOS sensor and Dual Pixel CMOS for live streaming.
- Its price is $1,149.
- Comes with a high ISO speed (16k for stills and 12.8 for movies.
- Offers a dioptric adjustment 3.0
- Has a low luminance performance to EV 3 and 4
- It has a 45 point, the type AF system.
- Longer battery life
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- Excellent light balance and autofocus
- Similar to older models
5.5: Sony A7 II:
Sony A7 II is an excellent full-frame camera with interchangeable lenses and has high-end mirrorless options. In the Sony A7 II case, you are recording with a camera but with a computer to record what the camera is seeing. It is an excellent option for professional streamers. Besides, Sony cameras have an all-important ‘clean HDMI out’ function in which the camera sees sent to the HDMI port without any information. Clearly a lot of value as one of the best video cameras.
- Its price is $1598.
- Has an Ultra HD 4K resolution
- Comes with a frame rate of 30fps at Ultra HD
- It has a 24.3-megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor.
- Stream in 1080p60
- Interchangeable lenses
- Can do both recordings and streaming simultaneously
- 35-mm sensor with full-frame
- Expensive than a webcam
5.6: Panasonic Lumix GH5:
It’s an upgraded model of GH4 and is redesigned to offer an impressive imaging platform. It is best for shooting and top-quality video and still photography in a compact package. Although some of its features are the same as GH4, it still offers more. His camera is great for covering slow motion function at a high resolution.
- Its price is $1,998-if you add the optional lens.
- Comes with a 20.3 MP digital live MOS sensor and a new Venus Engine processor
- Records video at an ultra-fast speed up to 60 fps for 4K videos.
- Features 2 UHS-II SD cards
- Can also pair with mobile devices through Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Autofocus point joystick
- Has a pretty bad AF, not near 80D.
For Whom This Budget is Beneficial?
All options in this category are professional high-end cameras with advanced features and the latest technology. There is no doubt they are simply the very best video cameras on the market. Therefore, this category is perfect for those who need a camera for professional purposes.
If you are interested in learning about lighting techniques for shooting video be sure to read this Article: Best Lighting Techniques for Shooting Video.
We hope this article was helpful for you in finding the best video camera for online streaming. Do let us know which camera you liked the most on our Facebook Page.
SIGN UP NOW AND RECEIVE BONUS DOWNLOADS
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR MONTHLY NEWSLETTER FOR EXCLUSIVE CONTENT
We value your privacy and time, we promise not to sell, share, or use your email to send any junk. We only send monthly emails when we have valuable info, content, freebies, and usable downloads for you. That's a promise. - Broken Moon Media